Monday, April 21, 2014

52 Ancestor Challenge -Week # 16 - Lizette Woodworth Reese 1856 - 1935

I have a good many Reese ancestors in my line.  I am wondering if Lizette Woodworth Reese can be added.  She was a noted poet in Maryland and was nearing 80 upon her death.  I have both her parents David & Louisa (Gabler) Reese.  I have census information from 1870, 1880 listing her father as head of house.  In the 1900 census her mother was head of house as her father passed in 1895.  I have found his burial location but have been unable to find his parents.  He was born in 1825 in Maryland so the records should be there I just haven't gone to the correct location.  I also have not been able to find her mothers date of death or burial.  I know she was still living in 1910 but by 1920 census Lizette was living with a younger sister and her family.  One day I will know if she can be added to my tree or not.

I will add this notation that I'm finally able to make a connection through the DNA Ancestry program with a new cousin I did not know about.  A step in the right direction for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment