Friday, January 31, 2014

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 3 - Parlett Brothers

I joined this Challenge late so I'm going to add an extra one for the upcoming week.  This photo is of the Parlett
brothers.  These gentlemen were the sons of George Washington Parlett & Ariel (Standiford) Parlett.  They were born in Harford County, Maryland.  This line is on my maternal side.

My 2nd great grandfather, David Oliver Parlett, was born 25 February 1839.  He is seated at the far left bottom of the photo.  He is the eldest son of G. W. Parlett.  There were 8 Parlett brothers, Winfield Scott Parlett was born in 1847 and died in 1847.  Another brother William Henry Parlette, notice the spelling of the last name, had died in 1882 and is not shown in this photo.  This is believed to be taken when they were attending the funeral of their father George Washington Parlett  who died  30 May 1888.

 David Oliver Parlett married Mary Louise Knight 28 December 1865 in Harford County, Maryland.  David & Mary Louise were living in Annapolis, Maryland in the 1900 census. David Oliver Parlett was a lumber merchant who was in business in Annapolis with some of his brothers.  David Oliver Parlett died in Annapolis, Maryland 15 February 1913.












The above photo is of the sons of David Oliver & Mary Louise (Knight) Parlett.  I do not have the date that this photo was take or who each of them are.  One son died in 1886 just a few months after he was born.  They also had 6 daughters one of whom was my great grandmother Ariel Elizabeth Parlett.

The ancestor for these Parletts is Martin Parlett who is found in Queen Anne Parish, Prince George County, Maryland about 1697.  Martin married in 1723 St. Barnabas Parish, Prince George County.  He died before 1734 and is our very elusive  ancestor.  No one who is researching this family has had any luck finding where he came from and any information on his parents.  He was deceased before 1734. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl! I just came across your blog. My 3rd Great Grandfather is David Oliver Parlett. I believe your Great Grandmother, Ariel Elizabeth Parlett, and my 2nd Great Grandfather were siblings. I would love to know how you got your hands on these photos and if you have any more Parlett family photos you could share with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl! I just came across your blog. My 3rd Great Grandfather is David Oliver Parlett. I believe your Great Grandmother, Ariel Elizabeth Parlett, and my 2nd Great Grandfather, Percival Knight Parlett, were siblings. I would love to know how you got your hands on these photos and if you have any more Parlett family photos you could share with me!!

    ReplyDelete