Monday, January 22, 2018

#52 Ancestors Week 3 Longevity ARIEL BAYNE ABBOTT




The top photo was my maternal grandmother Ariel Bayne Abbott at the age of 3 months old.  She was the eldest daughter of Robert & Ariel Elizabeth Abbott.  The 2nd  photo is of Ariel  at the age of 7 months.  As far as I can tell the family was living in the Annapolis, Maryland area.




The  photo above was taken in 1912 and that is her handwriting on the photo.  This 4th photo has always been a favorite of mine.  I remember hearing that she worked at Jelleff's department store and loved it.  I understand that she worked in the millinery department.  She loved hats.

She married Edward Francis Farley August 1913 and they had 5 children.  My mother was the 2nd youngest of the 3 girls. Nana lived in DC until moving in with my parents and Pennsylvania became her home. I enjoyed spending time with her and she taught me several goodies to make.  Her fudge was an easy recipe and unfortunately I no longer have that one.

This was her taken in 1984 at home. She was 92 at the time of her passing.


No comments:

Post a Comment